Most of us (if we’re being honest) have some kind of sweet tooth. And (if we’re being even more honest) most of us have also made New Year’s resolutions to make healthier choices in 2020. This list of favorite healthy sweets from some of the Yes Health coaches means we can happily stay true to both.
- “One or two squares of dark chocolate (the higher the cocoa content the better) with a handful of berries and a handful of nuts or seeds hits the spot!”
- “Try this Dairy-free sugar-free pumpkin spice latte (with stevia) as a morning treat.”
- “I love a date or two stuffed with nut butter and sprinkled with cinnamon. They may not look fancy, but your tummy and senses will thank you.”
- “Banana ice cream is so easy to make. Simply freeze some bananas and blend them in your food processor with a couple tablespoons of nut butter or some dark chocolate pieces–or both! You’ll want to lick the spoon to get every last bit!”
- “I love hot chocolate. I mix raw cacao powder with warm almond milk (any milk will work) and sweeten it with stevia. Cinnamon is a nice addition, too! This satisfying cup is full of antioxidants and theobromine, a stimulant in chocolate, is the perfect afternoon pick-me-up on a cold winter afternoon.”
- “I made a chocolate avocado mousse–avocado, cacao powder, stevia, honey, vanilla, almond milk and a little salt in an immersion blender–for Thanksgiving and it was a huge hit!” (Here’s the recipe she used for inspiration.)
Coach Sara S.:
- “I mix a spoonful of Nutella and nut butter with some plain nonfat Greek yogurt and add pomegranate seeds. So easy and so yummy!”
- “For a delicious syrup swap, try using defrosted fruit on pancakes or french toast. You can even lightly heat them up in a pan for more of a syrupy consistency.”
- “Create a parfait using layers of low-sugar Greek yogurt and unsweetened applesauce with a tiny drizzle of honey and a few crushed nuts on top for crunch.”
- “Make a mini, one-minute banana bread with fruit, coconut flour and nut butter for something that smells delightful and is sweetened by nature.”
Yes Health is a low-cost, weight loss and diabetes-prevention program committed to helping everyone live healthier, happier lives. Try it out today.